Sunday, February 8, 2009

the end of another festival :(

First things first.. It was Mikhail's 1st Anniversary yesterday -7th February-... Rest in peace, Mik! As usual the family's thinking of you and praying for you always.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

On another note, I can't even remember what I wrote in my last post. Was it the one where I was tagged? Okay, anyways, been very busy at work lately since moving to Events which is a good thing. Better than not having anything to do right? HAaHAHA. We had our Chap Goh Mei dinner tonight without Kev and Daddy and it was good. Lots and lots of food as usual. We're having it a day earlier I guess cos its a Sunday and everyone's busy on the weekdays.

Last night when I was lying down and waiting for sms replies, I realised that something weird happened to me this year and it has all something to do with the car I drive. For example, you guys still remember when my car gear could'nt change right? That was the 2nd January and it was on a Friday. Not so long ago, I think it was on the 23rd January, I knocked the behind of a guy's Kancil and it dented a bit which costs me 200 bucks and it was also a Friday. And just last Friday, which was the 6th February, I so cleverly locked the car keys in the car :/ GENIUS! Luckily my mum managed to find the spare key at home and luckily I was only at CityMall. And the conclusion of the story? I can no longer go out on Fridays or in other words, I have to be extra careful on Fridays :) Freaked me out last night. Damn.


Oh ya, last Friday, met up with Andrew, Jacq, Bas, Kylie, Nigel and Fong Tat at CityMall. Had dinner at Olde Kopitiam and then we went to this place called Cartesian. I think thats how its spelled :) Its a cafe come board game place that really have all this boardgames that I have seen before in my life. We played this game called Citadel. Here's how it goes from what I have read from the Net. Cos kan if I start explaining to you, you'll just sit in front of your screen with your mouth wide open! hahhaha..


CITADEL:

Citadels is a German-style card game, designed by Bruno Faidutti and originally published in French as Citadelles in 2000, and later in German as Ohne Furcht und Adel, which means "Without Fear or Nobility."Citadels was a finalist for the 2000 Spiel des Jahres award. The Dutch version, Machiavelli, won the Dutch game prize (Nederlandse spellenprijs) in 2001.

Each player receives two "gold counters" and four "district cards". The eldest player receives the "king marker". Play now proceeds as follows:

The "character cards" are shuffled, and some are set aside (the number of cards, and whether they are face up or face down, depends on how many people are playing). The king chooses a character card, then passes the remaining cards to the next player, and so on until all players have chosen a character card (see below).

The player with the king marker now calls out the characters in turn. When a character is called, the player who chose that character reveals their choice and makes the following plays (in any order):

  • Either draw two gold counters from the supply, or draw two district cards, add one to their hand, and place one on the bottom of the deck. This is called taking an action.
  • Build a district by placing one district card in front of them, paying its cost in gold counters, and add it to their city. Players cannot build two copies of the same district, unless they are the Wizard (see below), or have built the Quarry card from the Dark City Expansion.
  • Perform any character-specific actions. Note that if the character called is the King or the Emperor, a different player may receive the king marker.

If no player has chosen the called character, the next character is called.

If a player adds an eighth district card to their city, the game ends at the end of the turn. The values of each player's districts is totalled, and the following bonuses are added:

  • 2 points for having 8 districts
  • 2 additional points (4 in total) for being the first to build 8 districts
  • 3 points for having a district of each color (purple, yellow, red, blue, green)

There are several cards that affect the end of the game. A player can build the Belltower district card to cause the game to end with 7 districts instead of 8. This affects the appropriate bonus points and the warlord/diplomat abilities.


Thats Citadel :)

We played from 8.30pm to about I think was it 11pm?? And we only finished like two rounds of the game.. HHAHAHA.. I think the gals were beating the guys right Jacq??!! haahha.. It was a different way to spend a Friday night. We left when all of us started getting bored and there was way too much noise coming from the other groups. They were basically shouting and screaming at each other and pointing guns at each other. HAHAHA. No joke! LOL.

After that, went to BTC with Jacq for awhile to chit chat :) phone ran out of battery and I fell naked dis without my phone alive. HAHAHA.

Bah klah, I'll update again another time. Today was suppose to go out with jacq but not jadi :( hehe.. see u guys soon. Im sure Jacq will have the pics of us playing Citadel. Classic! hahaha. Gonna watch ManU play against West Ham soon.. Nite2 people :)



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish me n daddy cud have been there to celebrate chap goh mei with the family... xoxo..miss all of u very very much..

February 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM  
Blogger BrokenSatellite said...

citadel.
im addicted to it.
*screams*

ahaha.sempat again u 'loan' my battery.
ahaha.

lets go play citadel again.
yes,this is coming out from my mouth.

jacq is officially a citadel addict

February 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger alexandra chin said...

hey kev.. yeah, wished u guys were here too... so quiet without you and daddy.. hahaha.. no lion dance there??

February 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home