Sunday, September 7, 2008

ithinkiputonweightbutwhocares.

Just got back from beloved Nenek's 78th Birthday at the family house. It was sort of a High Tea thing cos it started at 4pm. There were lots of food and I forgot to take pictures again. But anyways, it was good cos I got to see so many people that I havent gotten to see in so long especially some of my cousins.

Yup, this is the whole gang minus me. I was up to something in the kitchen.
This is the whole gang at the party. My dad's behind the camera. :)Aunty Laline and her boys. Nabil, Gazzi and Armand:)

Look how many people there were in the house! :D Adam near the cake. He kept on poking it for some reason. HAHAHA.

The Stephens kids minus one. Uncle Donald is at the Philippines. So there's Uncle Mike, Aunty Laline, Uncle Jules, Uncle Johnny, Aunty Asla, Aunty Ophine and Mommy:) And thats Nenek sitting down. :)

Aunty Tips and Nenek. This is Uncle Jules' wife.

So imagine a house full of adults and kids. It was complete noise but all in a good way. Missed having this family gatherings. We havent had one in ages actually. I think the last one was the CNY gathering at my place and that was like in February. So it was nice to see all my aunties, uncles and cousins and especially Nenek. She seemed much better from the last time I saw her. At least she smiles a lot and talks more now. If you didnt know, Nenek has depresssion and therefore has days where she goes through several panic attacks which usually involves the security of the family. She starts worrying about her kids and grandchildren especially when they're not at the house. Nenek is the typical grandmom any grandchild would dream they had because she cares lah and sometimes too much. So when she was in the worst stage of her depression at one point, there were times where she didnt wanna see anybody except family. I remember the times where mommy would drop all the 3 of us that time at the house and Nenek would always make sure that we had fun. She would bring us for a walk in the beach and after that it would surely be Fish and Chips followed by Ice Cream at the Kinabalu Yatch Club.

Chiara and Nenek. She blinked!Frances and Nenek. I dont think Nenek knows where the camera is. HAHAHA :D

And that time when Datuk was there he would follow and go for a walk and yelled when he had to and laughed when he had to. I miss Datuk's laugh. Its so freaking contagious! hahaha. And also how he used to speak Hakka to my dad ever so fluently. I still remember how Datuk used to leave his dentures in a glass in his room and how were so freaked out by that. :DWatching TV. Me, Mui and Kim aka Putut :D

Happy 5th Anniversary, Datuk & HAPPY 78th BIRTHDAY, NENEK!! MWWWWAAAHhhHHHhhh! Love you.

Had prayers last Thursday for Datuk's 5th Anniversary but didnt get to go cos i was working till late that same day. Work again tomorrow and so far so good. Its been almost a week and getting more used to the place. Can't wait till I get my computer at work cos now I just feel lost and they're setting my ID in the laptop so I'll just have to wait for now. Still learning and tomorrow's another busy day as we have to media groups coming in from Japan and KL. Will be doing site inspections and hopefully everything goes smoothly. Last Saturday, I finally went for my QTI exam and I passed. One more step to getting my driving license. Cant wait cos I really dont wanna stay at the quarters at Rasa Ria. I would rather drive from home to work cos its really not that far. Okies, I'm off to bed now. Need my rest for my long day tomorrow. Nurul, take care in KL and make sure you'll try to come back for Raya k?? hehehe.. Jacq, you also take care. Good Night! Mwwwaahhh.

1 Comments:

Blogger BrokenSatellite said...

hi lexy! :)
i remember last year CNY, ur nenek and ur nenek cina were sitting 2gather, quietly. observing each n every guest.! -,-

n suddenly i remember ur grandpa.
it was st.simon day.and we were having mass at SRS.
then ur mommy was carrying frances (still a baby back then). yr grandpa wanted to play with her but she moved away n almost cried.

September 8, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home